Thursday, March 5, 2009

My exciting evening

Last Thursday was one of those days that I felt extremely energetic and didn't know what to do with all that energy. I was having one of those restless days, which I sometimes have and I really wanted to do something, something exhilarating, fun and all consuming and, of course, sex was not an option. So armed with my credit card, I decided to go shopping!! All my favorite stores were having these amazing sales, seventy percent off of a lot of clothes and shoes and then another forty percent off on top of that. Those prices could not be beat. I could actually afford to buy some really cool stuff, the benefit of having a recession, really low retail prices.

I went to two of my favorite shoe stores. At the second store I found this great pair of suede clogs for $17.00. The original price was $70.00 and I found another pair of great shoes for $28.00. The original price was $90.00. They fit perfectly and were so comfortable. So, I bought them! Then I went to one of my favorite department stores, so many great sales. I spent two and a half hours there and tried about 30 different tops, skirts and jeans. I bought a pair of jeans, five tops and a skirt all for the fraction of the original price. They were all so cute. I bought a cashmere top for $23.00. The original price was $120.00. Cashmere feels so soft on the body. I never knew. No wonder everybody likes it. I was so excited. This was the most fun I had had in about three years, really! It felt so good. I was in bargain heaven.

During my 3.5 hour shopping marathon, I thought of nothing else. Nothing bothered me. I had no other cares in life. It was a total and all consuming escape. I doubt if I had ever been happier!

No comments: