Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Love Lost

I want to bury you in the deepest darkest corner of my heart and never remember that I once loved you.

I want to bury you and never remember that you were once my heart, my pulse and the reason for my every breath.

I want to bury you and never remember that you once permeated my entire being.

I want to bury you and never remember that you once loved me.

I want to bury you and never remember that I died a thousand times loving you.

I want to bury you and never remember how I came to life when you loved me.

I want to bury you and never remember that you were once my happiness.

I want to bury you and never remember the coldness of your hands, your eyes and your heart the last time I saw you.

I want to bury you and never remember how my heart was ripped to pieces the day you left me.

I want to bury you and never remember how I drowned in the sea of my sorrows once you were gone.

I want to bury you in the deepest darkest corner of my heart and never remember how I suffered loving you.

I want to bury your love.

11 comments:

Sean Kennedy said...

Soheila,

Your poem is beautiful. It's very sad; full of anguish and heartache. Whatever unrequited love, longing, and sorrow you bury deep inside of yourself will harden as coal. The coal over time will become as a diamond; black, cold, and impenetrable. The black diamond becomes a permanent part of the sadness of your soul. There's enough sadness there already, don't you think?

'Ever has it been that love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation.' ~ Kahlil Gibran

Sean

Soheila said...

Sean,

Yes, there is a lot of sadness there. I went through a lot of pain and for a long time too. I'm glad that I'm not there anymore. I like your analogy of a black diamond. I hope my heart is not impenetrable.

ursula said...

It's funny how some things never end, eh?

Soheila said...

Ursula,

Yes, it is sometimes that way. But it is great when something that needs to end finally ends.

tdfreeman said...

This hits very close to home... If I had read this a year ago, I would've been a mess. Now it is a poignant reminder of a wound that took a long time to heal. Well done.

Soheila said...

tdfreeman,

I'm glad you liked the poem. Seems like you know this pain very well.

tdfreeman said...

You changed the last line.... ?

Soheila said...

To Tdfreeman

I changed it back!

mph said...

Soheila...I am not sure I agree with Sean on the diamond analogy. When my heart was shattered, it was like a thousand tiny shards of glass; sometimes it hurt in a hundred places and feelings..other times only in a few spots. The shards will always be there, maybe slowly over time will be covered over by scar tissue. They break back through sometimes, with a song lyric or a poem that you maybe shared. I think you said once that as hard as we want to bury them, they will not be totally gone. I guess that is life and an emotional/feeling heart; which we need to live, breathe and love others...cannot live in a realm of perpetural joy or contentment; without a hint of sorrow.

Soheila said...

To mph - I do see your point.

Anonymous said...

Soheila,

I agree with your comment to Ursula that, "it is great when something that needs to end finally ends"

Amen to that.

I do hope you find the love of your life; one who never causes you the pain you've experienced from others.

-Keshmesh