Sunday, June 13, 2010

The Summer

I pull the shades and open the window with anticipation. My eyes gaze on the beauty of the summer, the blue sky, the green leaves of the trees, the lush grass. The sun shines on my cold body with its loving warmth. I close my eyes and bathe in the warmth while the gentle breeze caresses my skin and fills my being with the sweet smell of the honeysuckles. I take it all in and hold on to these beautiful moments. I am loved by the universe. I am filled with joy. I am grateful for this generosity and bestowal of the nature. There is no sorrow, there is no pain, there is no regret, there is no past, there is no future. There is only the present. There is only love and joy. I say, “thank you”.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

A welcoming account of a beautiful season. Our thankfulness is definitely warranted for the richness of all summer brings to us. Thank you Soheila for once again being timely with your eloquence. Dave

Soheila said...

Hi Dave,

Summer is my favorite season. I wait for it all year long. Colorado has such long winters with almost non-existent springs and falls. So I really live for the 3 months of the summer. That is when I'm the happiest.

Sean Kennedy said...

Soheila,

'Be like the flower, turn your face to the sun.' ~ Kahlil Gibran

Sean

Soheila said...

Good comment Sean.