Friday, November 14, 2008

My first blog

For the last couple of years, I have been wanting to create a blog for myself. I often send emails to friends and family about the things that are on my mind or the things that happen to me or others. I thought having a blog was a good way of communicating and getting feedback. We'll see how it goes. I don't know how often I'm going to write. I don't really have a specific topic to talk about, so it will just be whatever I want to write about at a particular time.

At this point in my life, I feel I'm at the threshold of a new beginning. My life hasn't gone the way that I had expected it to go. Husband, children and the white picket fence didn't happen for me. These were the things that I wanted so desperately. Instead, I am learning to let go of the things I wanted. This process has been difficult and at times painful, but I have come to find strength and contentment in my life and perhaps those are the things I should have always wanted. I have learned to change the definition of happiness for myself and look outside the box. My life's journey has been difficult, but it has been filled with insights and discoveries and for those I am grateful.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

None of us had thought that our life would turn out the way it did, but in the depth of our being we are still the same little child. Nothing is changed !!!

Sean Kennedy said...

Soheila,

“The great thing is, if one can, to stop regarding all the unpleasant things as interruptions in one's "own" or "real" life. The truth is, of course, that what one regards as interruptions are precisely one's life.” ~ C.S. Lewis

Sean